Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Circus Photo Booth: Party Game

My Friend Mindy and I in the Circus Time Photo Booth
I'm sure by now you've seen the many creative "photo booth" ideas that folks have set up for parties... I just love it! A couple months ago, I had a party to host at my kids' school. It was a circus theme to thank all the hard working volunteers. I thought a photo booth was definitely in order for some fun and amusement! Although my pictures are of adults, the kids that attended, loved the booth as well!

Here's what I did to create it...
A Vase filled with Circus Photo Booth Props: Mustaches, Nose, and Smiles
Prop Materials:
Black Foam Core Board
White Foam Core Board
Dowel Sticks
Markers
Tape

Photo Booth Materials:
Plastic Table Cloth with polka dots (this of course, can be fabric)
Circus Flags
"Photos" banner made of card stock and strung with ribbon

I did not use any templates for the props, just drew freehand some mustache shapes in pencil on the black foam core, and some clown smiles (and frowns) on the white foam core. After I colored the smiles/frowns, I cut out all the shapes with a straight edge razor. I could have glued the dowel to the shape, but since I was pinched for time, I simply taped the shape to the dowel... and voila, my props were made!

Friends at the Photo Booth

For the photo booth, I hung a festive polka dot table cloth against a wall, and hung some pendants and banners. I also added the clown hat and bow tie to the mix for props.

Hamming it up!
As you can tell, the booth was a hit!

This is such a great way for kids to have fun at a party, and they'll love the picture afterward. Perhaps near your photo booth, add a mirror or two for the kids to see themselves... they'll get such a kick out of it!

I'd love to hear about your photo booth ideas. Please share your links!

0 comments: