Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Material


Did you watch the Olympics last night? That seems to be the question du jour these days. We have and we’ve loved them. I don’t know where I’ve been for the last several summer and winter olympics... possibly knee deep in mommy-ing 2 little babies and before that, belly up to a bar watching a band before kids and marriage!! Either way, I don’t remember the last time I actually sat down and watched the Olympics.

This year has been different... probably because a) I’m not heading to bars like I was in my 20’s and early 30’s and b) we’ve got kids now that LOVE to watch TV. I didn’t think sports would entertain them, but they loved it. They loved figuring out who was ahead, who was American, who was Chinese, and all the other things you do when you watch the olympics.... dreaming that possibly some day you may be there yourself.

Swimming was also something we watched in detail... especially since I my daughter is on a swim team and loves the water. Of course it was Michael Phelps this and Michael Phelps that... and then the “here’s the woman that’s just a little older than mommy...” when we watched Dara Torres.

It was a lot of fun watching there faces at each close event... also explaining some sports that they’ve never really seen. Although we had many late nights, it was well worth it. Can’t wait until winter Olympics in Vancouver. Should be fun to watch!

0 comments: